Tip1: In the middle of the village Althirschstein hangs on the gable of a house on a chain a cannonball. This was shot on August 26, 1813 (according to Chroník already on August 12, 1813) by the French on their retreat from Russia from the other side of the Elbe to this house.
Tip2: In addition to the church from 1520 and its interior in the lower village, the four-sided farmstead with a three-gated cofferdam, Schänitzer Straße 9, is also a listed building. The Loose family has assembled a small private agricultural museum in this four-sided farmstead, where old tools and technology illustrate the development of agriculture. The museum can be visited by appointment (Tel. 03 52 66 / 82 34 8).
Tip3: The cross stone is one of the oldest landmarks of Boritz. It is made of sandstone with a visible height of 132 cm. In the Middle Ages atonement crosses were set as penance for acts of violence for members of the ruling noble class. From a documentary mention about grain interest, it can be seen that the cross was already standing in 1540. Another tradition says that on July 17, 1613, two maids from the parsonage, returning from the field, were struck by lightning at the crossroads. The peg holes indicate a lost inscription plate.
Tip4: In Heyda there is a listed church built in 1901/02 with its interior decoration and wall paintings. Probably in 1150 the first church was built. The church is officially mentioned in 1222. In 1647 and 1882 it is rebuilt. In 1901/1902 a new tower is built and a new organ and bells are installed. Until 1967 the townscape was characterized by two windmills and a wind turbine.