The Dresden Kreuzkirche is the main evangelic church and with the Kreuzchor (choir) the centre of Dresden in terms of sacred music.
The Kreuzkirche (Church of the Holy Cross) in Dresden, of the Evangelical Church in Germany, is the largest church in Saxony. It also is the home of the Dresdner Kreuzchor boys choir. The church existed since the early twelfth century, it was officially dedicated on 10 June 1388 to the Holy Cross. Since 1491, it has burned down five times. In its current form, it was re-opened in 1955. The director of the choir is known as the Kreuzkantor.