The Carl Maria von Weber museum in Dresden-Hosterwitz is the world's only museum dedicated to the life and work of the composer.
The composer Carl Maria von Weber and his wife discovered this typical Saxon winegrower's inn on a walk in the spring of 1818. Here the court music director spent the warmer season of the years1818/19 as well as 1822 to 1824 with his family. He called these times the happiest of his life.
In this idyllic summer house Weber greeted numerous colleagues and friends here, such as J. N. Hummel, H. Marschner, L. Tieck and W. Schröder-Devrient. The operas “Der Freischütz,” “Euryanthe,” and “Oberon,” as well as the “Aufforderung zum Tanz” were composed in this house. Notations in the former parlor and study, as well as pictures and written accounts testify to the accomplishments and works of Carl Maria von Weber in Dresden.