The Görlitzer Collections invite you to a guided tour of the Biblische Haus, Neißstraße 29, from 1 April to October.
The Biblical House is one of the most important German townhouses from the Renaissance period in Görlitz. It was built in 1570 by the Heinze family from Weimar. Its name was given by the street-side reliefs depicting scenes from the Old and New Testaments. The seating portal stands out from other Görlitz portals of this type due to the flanking columns. The formerly existing gable fell victim to a city fire in 1726. Remains of a sgraffiti design have been preserved on the courtyard facade.
Inside, the Biblical House has typical hall house structures, of particular beauty is the narrow central hall. On the first mezzanine floor there is a magnificent renaissance hall with a painted wooden beamed ceiling. An unusual, almost square vaulted room on the ground floor originates from a predecessor building. Its four cross vaults rest in the centre on a granite pillar with an octagonal plan.
Meeting: Cashier Museum Barockhaus, Neißstraße 30